Earth Day is on April 22nd. Last year for Earth Day, I hosted a Getting Rid of Plastic Bags Collaborative Project here at Global Teacher Connect. This year, I am hosting an Earth Day Video Collaborative Project focused on recycling. Each class (or a group within your class) that is participating will create a video with three parts – each part focused on one of the three R’s – reduce, reuse, recycle. Then, the class will upload their video to YouTube or Vimeo and add a link to their video here in the comments, with their grade, school and location. I have created a project sheet that I am going to use with my class, and you are welcome to use that same sheet. Download it free from my TPT store, or e-mail me at hlraki @ hotmail . com and I’ll send you it directly. You DO NOT have to use this sheet, it’s just an option to make it easier – .
- Create a video. Videos can be created using any variety or combination of movie making or screencast programs or iPad apps, including, but not limited to: Movie Maker (on PC’s), iMovie (on Macs or iPad), Educreations (on PC, Mac or iPad), Morfo (on iPad), Explain Everything (on iPad), or Jing (on PC).
- Videos may show student faces, but don’t have to (mine won’t!) If you show student faces, please be sure to have parent permission.
- Upload the video to a site where everyone can access it. (YouTube and Vimeo are easy and free.)
- Post the link here in the comments, along with your class’ grade(s), school, and location.
- Share the other links that have been created with your class.
- Feel free to let your students leave comments for the other classes’ videos.